Thursday, November 20, 2014

*title goes here*

Today I needed to be broken down to be built up.

Why?

I am a worrier.

I struggle with letting go of the little things.

I want to be in control.

Throughout my life I have gotten extremely good about worrying and then suppressing those worries and never sharing them.

But do you know what happens when your cup of worries gets full and you try to cram more in?

You guessed it: it spills over in a sudden rush of helplessness, loneliness, pain, and frustration.

Tonight I had one of these "holy-breakdown-tears-everywhere" kind of moments during Outcry.

All the songs seemed to point right at my situation. It was like God was grabbing me by the shoulders and saying "Hey. This is for you. Are you listening?"

I hate crying in public, but this experience was such a blessing. I felt the beauty of a simple hug, a rub on the back, or an encouraging gesture.

I felt the love of Trinity.

I felt the love of Christ.

And that is simply amazing.

"Cast all your cares on the Lord, and He will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken." -Psalm 55:22

This was the message I felt tonight. We can't let worries, no matter how large or important, get in the way of our simple life mission: to serve Christ with our lives and become the person He wants us to be with the purpose He wants us to fulfill.

No comments:

Post a Comment