Saturday, August 24, 2013

Day 2 at Trinity

Today was perfect. I woke up feeling like I belonged. This is my home. This is my room. This is my bed. You know?

I love getting to know people. Their hobbies, random quirks about them, anything they're willing to share. And I know I accomplished that today. I met so many awesome people and engaged a few deep conversations. It's truly amazing how honest we are when we are amongst strangers! Best way to get to know each other, I guess:)

Chicago was amazing. I felt like a little kid in a toy store, staring up at the large buildings and beautiful architecture. This is such a fantastic city. Our group, Kappa, walked around Millennial Park a bit until we met with Joni. She's an alum and came to tell us a how she got to the point where she's at in life. She switched majors many many times and didn't have a clear goal until later on in her college career. Her story made me think of that quote that was told to us that morning: a story is movement that comes to a point. (okay, if I got that wrong, I'm sorry, but you get my point).

God has a plan for each of us, but sometimes it just takes time to find the real direction, the end result. And I hope that God reveals his plan for us in his time:)

On a less serious note, how awesome was The Amazing Mess??? Holy cow, that was incredible. It basically consisted of playing twister on a mat covered in chocolate and other smushy stuff, swallowing gold fish whole, digging through a pudding filled diaper with your mouth to find a gummy worm, and a whole assortment of other fun and messy games. Basically everything we saw as we came, eventually ended up on our clothes! It was such a blast:)

I'm so thankful that I feel like this is my place. Classes haven't started, the real stress hasn't hit, but I know God will carry us all through it. I love the friendly community feel here at Trinity. I can talk to anyone about anything! God is truly good:)



No comments:

Post a Comment