Thursday, August 21, 2014

Dedication

One more shift at work to get through.

A few more errands to run.

A lot more clothes to pack.

Soon a fresh school year shall commence.

I'm not usually one for New Year's resolutions because, as a student, I feel that the year begins at the end of August.

Therefore, I must now declare my "New Year's" (more like "school year's) resolutions.

This task is quite a simple one for me because it all falls under one word: dedication.

Classes this semester are no longer the simple blow-off gen-ed classes of freshmen year. It's time to get down to business. (*singing* Let's get down to business! To defeat....the Hunsssss)

I have two Biology classes and my first Nursing class to conquer, which in no way will be simple.

I also have a job on campus this summer, although it's not your typical on-campus job. It will require my CNA skills more than anything, which I love to use. It'll be time consuming, yet rewarding. I just need to keep reminding myself of the benefit and that I need to keep at it!

An area of my life that could definitely use some help in the dedication department is my physical health. I have been overweight since as long as I can remember, and did I ever like it? Absolutely not! And despite my efforts, it seems that my problem comes down to the fact that I am for some reason not displaying enough dedication to losing weight and becoming a more healthy human being. Last school year, I did well at working out often and eating healthier. I am proud to say that I lost the freshmen fifteen as opposed to gaining it! However, this summer, I have fallen back into old patterns and habits, which is simply no good. Time to hop on the band wagon and try again!

Another problem area is my faith. Well, not my faith exactly, my faith isn't what is faltering. Rather my devotional life is lacking in a steady rhythm. I mean, am I the only one who forgets to read the Bible everyday? Or is this a common struggle? If so, how in the world do I fix this problem? I know God is forgiving, but He has to get sick of forgiving me over and over for forgetting to read His word! I like reading my Bible, it's just that I forget! Simple as that. Something I've got to work on.

This year, I just want to be more dedicated to being a more well-rounded student. I want to exceed in my classes, but also be involved in social activities on campus. I want to reserve time for myself and my improvement, while also having an open door to friends and peers in need. I want to give time for my health: mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual. Overall, I want to be dedicated to maintaining the balance required in any person's life. I'm told that's what college is all about! Finding your balance, how you run things, and being able to maintain it.

Thanks for the read! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment