Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Drama at the ol' folks home

Sometimes my job is just too funny. Imagine being in the same nursing home as your mother-in-law. Seeing her at every meal, every activity, and her living only a few doors down the hall. If you're wondering if this is true of one resident where I work, then you assume correctly! Poor woman...

And then there's the residents who can't sit still at dinner, even when you lock their wheels. They eat five bites of dinner and try to leave, bumping the residents next to them. Yup, then the old lady claws come out. Drama, drama, drama....:)

And have I mentioned the residents who think they need to pee every five minutes? You take them to the bathroom and, since they have nothing to do, they put their call light on a few minutes later, thinking they have to go again! And I haven't even mentioned the wanderers that go into other resident's rooms and start stripping. Yikes! Or the residents who cheat at bingo...need I say more???

When I think about it, living with twenty other women in one hall and sharing a dining room and everything would get quite annoying. And it seems like when one resident is crabby, they're all crabby! You'd think they still got their periods or something.....

I don't want to come off as complaining about my job, I really do love it! And I'm thankful for it. Thanks for reading! Kind of a random/small post today:)

No comments:

Post a Comment