Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fading from now

It's the end of the movie.

The cowboy is slowly sauntering towards the blazing sunset. Dust, heat waves, and emotions rising.

The camera flashes to the passionate girl. The friendly store clerk. The loyal friend. And even the stubborn yet thankful mayor.

The feeling? He will be missed. He made an impact. But it's time for him to go.

That's his story, but mine is slightly different.

He knows he is drifting, walking away. He is willingly fading into the distance. From one life to the next. One challenge to another. One path, branching off.

But my story is more of a realization. I didn't choose to drift. I didn't want to fade. But, like many things in life, it just happened. Poof! Bam! Shabang!!! *Insert magical special effect here*

Between being ready to leave and forge my own path and not feeling that friendly connectedness. Conversations are forced, as are smiles, even with friends. It seems that every new person I meet, pulls apart a relationship I've already created. I guess that's another side effect of change.

Being out of my comfort zone is suddenly comfortable. Usually change is a fear, but now it's a desire. Let me explore. Let me put myself out there. Let me breathe. Let me experience.

A shift has occurred. This movie is over. The end is near which will only give way to an even better beginning. A new movie. A sequel perhaps?

The cowboy has decided to walk away and start over, and I feel compelled to fall into the new beginnings ahead of me.

He is kicking up dust with his spurs. Forging a new path. And I am stepping forward, into a new beginning............




(in my boat shoes of course! haha, thanks for reading)

No comments:

Post a Comment