Sunday, July 14, 2013

Home is Where the Heart is:)

You've all heard the phrase, but have you really considered it?

Let's take the heart. What does it represent? Love, obviously, but what more??? Life, freedom, emotion, passion.

We have the freedom to have a home to come home to. We have life to enjoy to the fullest. Emotion (and blood of course) courses through our veins. We're human! We feel excitement, passion, joy, feelings. And while the heart doesn't actually control those, it represents them.

So our heart, all things love and emotion, is at our home? Then what is home? Not just a house. It's where the people we love reside. Whether mansion or apartment or box in the streets. Home is where our heart is.

We are so blessed to be able to call a place home. Some people don't have a house or family.

I can't imagine being cut off from my family. This morning my nephew Micah was baptized and we went to my sister and her husband's house afterwards to celebrate. Imagine not having those opportunities. What if I didn't have a home to put my heart in?

My family knows me better than anyone on this planet. What if I didn't have people who knew me for who I really was? Hadn't watched me grow up. Hadn't laughed with me, cried with me, or loved me.

Home is where the heart is, and every human being deserves a home for their heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment