Saturday, November 2, 2013

Chill time:)

I love those chill Saturdays where you can wake up when you want and do whatever.

This morning I didn't have to get mad at my alarm, leap out of bed so as not to be late, or struggle to stay awake in class.

Today I mozied (yes, I consider that a word) out of bed and took my sweet old time getting ready for the day. Then I went to support our lovely Troll ladies out on the soccer field, accompanied by my two fantastic friends Anneliese and Kyle. We're pretty much the perfect mix of humor, attitude, and joy in general. They were even kind enough to drive back to campus for me because I was stupid and didn't dress warm enough at all for the forty degree weather we are currently experiencing. Let's just say I was numb all over about ten minutes into the game.

Just talking and chilling with a couple friends can be so relaxing and rejuvenating. No requirements. No one to impress. Just taking time to enjoy our friendship. After the game we headed over to the BBC (Bootsma Bookstore Café) for some lunch. I love how honest we can be when surrounded by friends. Sometimes we need to take some time to talk through things that are bothering us. Friends are those people who know when to lend a listening ear and offer encouragement and advice. They are also those we can laugh with about things that aren't even that funny!

I know I've said this a lot, but I am truly so thankful for the new friends I've acquired here. I can't say that enough:)

No comments:

Post a Comment