Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The R word

Every student fears it. Especially freshmen who are to experience the R word last of all out of the whole campus. Which results in the build-up of nerves so extreme that the buildings in which the freshmen reside become nearly toxic in comparison to the rest of campus.

It requires some planning ahead and quite a lot of fretting as to whether or not the coveted prizes will still be available after the others have already picked over them. The prizes? If you have not guessed yet, it's classes. The classes you need for your major, the best profs, the worst profs, everyone wants their ideal schedule.

And it all comes down to tonight. At 12:01pm, the world in which we live will be overcome by temporary chaos. Fingers flying on our keyboards, scrolling, clicking buttons, celebrating private victories when we gain a spot in the most coveted class with the best professor.

I hope by now that you realize what I am hinting at when I say "the R word." I don't know if I can even bring myself to say it...reg....regis.......oh, I don't think I can do it!

REGISTRATION!!!!!!

Okay, there. You made me say it! I just hope that doesn't add to the insanity that will soon engulf this whole building......

No comments:

Post a Comment