Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Time to reflect

It's easy to get a case of the "holiday spirit" that most experience this time of year. Charlie Brown is on TV. Nearly every store has some crazy sale going on. Commercials on the radio, Christmas music blaring, people being oddly friendly. All of our emotions are in the moment. Enjoying turkey with our family, sharing what we're thankful for. Opening presents and being truly grateful. Ringing in the new year with a party and sparkling grape juice.

That's my kind of holiday. And maybe yours as well.

But this season is not just for joy in the moment. You know what I love to hear people say on their birthday? They say they're thankful for another year that God has given them. Shouldn't we do this every year on the holidays as well? Shouldn't we reflect on the good things that have happened over the past year? The growth we experienced, the people we met, the goals we reached?

This year I'm going to try to reflect. Not just enjoy these wonderful moments, but remember past times as well. I want to think about how God has used me and used others to get me to where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment