Friday, November 1, 2013

New School, New Friends

I have almost peed my pants three times already this school year because my friends are so crazy hilarious. That's pretty much a record for me! One thing that makes TCC so great is the people. Everyone I meet and talk to is so awesome in their own unique way. I'm so happy with the new friends I've made that I thought I'd give them a shout out and talk about their unique gifts and quirks that make them great. If you aren't mentioned it's only because I got sick of typing. Guess I'm feeling lazy today, but hey, it's Friday!

First and foremost, I have to begin with my roommate Maddie. She is loud, obnoxious, hilarious, and passionate about the sick in the world (aka, nursing major!). Maddie is also extremely smart. If she has a question, she will research it until she finds an answer. She's great at writing papers, which helps because I'm not so great at it. The one difference is that she loves horror movies. I'm definitely not in that boat

Next, my suitemate Anneliese, one of my many friends from Wisconsin. This girl is one of the funniest people I know, in more of a dry-humor sort of way. She has an impressive sense of style and loves to laugh, especially when someone else in the group does something stupid! Anneliese is studying social work, which I believe fits her perfectly well. If I need an opinion on something, I know she'll be 100% honest with me. Couldn't have asked for a better sweetmate!

Next comes my friend Amy James. This girl will give you the most straightforward, blunt answer you ever needed! I've never met someone so logical and level-headed as her. If there's a problem, she doesn't skirt around the edges, she faces it head-on! She's going to do incredible things in the future, that's for sure. And, as a side-note, her sense of fashion is superb! It helps to have fashionista on our hall:)

My friends Sierra and Nathan kind of come as a pair (they are dating after all). Sierra is an incredibly unique, talented, and hilarious girl. She's the girl who introduces herself like so: "Hi, I'm Sierra like Sierra Mist!" It's awesome. Nathan is the perfect fit for her. His humor compliments her joy really well:) He is studying English and Sierra is studying music. Cutest couple of the year award? I think yes.

Kaitlyn is a burst of energy, 24/7. She has a legit addiction to sugar. She ate a whole can of straight up whip cream in one night! I don't think I've ever seen her not smiling. She's one of those people that we can make fun of anytime, and she will laugh with us. Her major is Spanish, and did I mention she could make a noise like a cricket? It's seriously spot on!

Nick can be summed up in one word: sass. If he gets burned by someone, he'll yell "aw heck no!" and fire back with a sharp comeback. This makes life very interesting because we all hate being dissed. There's a lot of yelling when Nick, Maddie, Anneliese, and others all hang out in the lounge. We're not very good at respecting quiet hours either! After an evening of laughter, we usually all have soar throats from yelling. There's a lot of sass that goes on in our group:) Nick is a CNA and a nursing major which fits him very well.

Alice is the sweetest and probably most talkative person I've met here at Trinity (in a good way of course!). She is studying nursing as well and happens to be my chemistry lab partner. She is passionate about the hurting people in this world, which will help her push to become a nurse. This is the girl that introduced me to the deliciousness of Steak 'n Shake and is practically a professional beautician.

And then there's another Wisconsin friend, Beth. She is studying nursing and Spanish (like me!). I can talk to her about pretty much anything without being judged. I love that we can laugh together whenever we talk. The torture of English class is a little more bearable (barable? no) when I sit by Beth. So thankful for her:)

Emily is Beth's roommate, and they compliment each other perfectly. Emily is studying nursing as well (notice a pattern?). She is one of my psychology class buddies and I'm told has a vast supply of adorable scarves:) A conversation with Emily can brighten any gloomy day.

Val, along with Beth, Emily, and April, lives in West Hall. I live in South Hall which, while they are next to each other, means I don't see them as often as I should. Val is kind of a genius, studying Biology. She is from Pella, Iowa and obviously thought Trinity was a better choice for her than Dordt:) I love saying hi to her when she's working at the cafeteria. She is another English class buddy:)

And then of course there's April. I've known April for a solid fifteen years, and while we weren't friends for a little while in there, I'm glad she's at Trinity. I don't think there's anyone here I can be more honest with, or will be more honest with me. This girl is going to be one of the best teachers out there. She is creative, intelligent, and awesome with kids! She's probably going to be that cool mom that all her kids' friends love.

I know there're so many more people I've met and connected with, but I'm going to stop the list here. If I wrote about all of you, this one post would be the equivalent of all my other posts combined! I'm incredibly thankful for all the amazing people I've met here at TCC. Not just other freshmen, but other students, and even faculty and professors as well. The community atmosphere here is truly impressive. I am proud to call this place home:)







1 comment:

  1. Anneliese pointed out to me that one of the sentences about Alice makes it seem like she likes to hurt people. That obviously not the case! She has a passion for THE hurting people in this world:) Also, for some reason I forgot to talk about my incredible friend Kyle. I'm sorry Kyle!

    ReplyDelete