Saturday, October 5, 2013

I don't even know what to call this.....

Sometimes society just makes me so mad.

Yahoo pops up because it's my homepage, and there's an article called "What's really in Chicken Nuggets." First of all, when I think of chicken nuggets, I think of McDonalds, and I'd rather not know what's in most things from McDonalds. I thought this was public knowledge, but apparently people still don't understand what really is in chicken nuggets. I don't know how many people have read this article or ones like it, but I don't understand the purpose of them. Is Yahoo trying to throw society into a frenzy? Are authors constantly trying to freak people out?

I feel like so much of what people think stems from the media. "Oh my goodness, Kim K tried this new face lift thingy? It must really work!" "Oh no, chicken nuggets are even worse for us than we thought? I'd better stop eating them!" Really people? Have we no true common sense left??? Celebrity endorsed items don't always work! And since when did we consider chicken nuggets even remotely healthy?

I guess I'm just annoyed that most juicy shared news of the day isn't always helpful, productive, or even worth sharing. Why do I care about when Miley Cyrus' "wild streak" began?

However, what does make me glad is seeing news about government, economics, and politics. These are the areas that most people seem either uninformed or misinformed about.

This was kind of a rant, I guess. I probably should stop getting so upset about chicken nuggets and such...

No comments:

Post a Comment