Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Words

The power of Scripture is truly remarkable.

A friend of mine that has been plagued by night terrors for years happened to read a very reassuring psalm before going to bed. I bet you can guess what happened...she didn't have a single night terror that night! Praise God.

I remember when I was little, and my parents told me that if ever I was scared at night or in some other circumstance, I could call on the name of Jesus to calm my fears. When I finally got my own room years ago, I recall verbally calling on Christ to cast the devil out of my room and feeling immediately calm.

I believe in the power of the Word. I believe in the power of speaking Christ's name. I believe in the power of prayer, the power of faith, and the power of our great and awesome God.

The question is: do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment