Sunday, October 6, 2013

Welcome Home

Last night, a group of girls hosted a Women's Retreat for all the women on campus. It was a fantastic night of worship, prayer, games, food, laughter, and fellowship. After hearing some testimonies, we were given some quite time to reflect on our own stories. While flipping through my journal to find an empty page, I happened upon something I had written on the 25th of August, this year, just a few days after moving to Trinity. I thought I'd share it with you:)

"Trinity can be summed up in one word: community. A community is a place where you can feel accepted for you: your personality, your quirks, and your opinions. Sure, not everyone will get along perfectly all the time. We aren't perfect. This is part of growing up, I suppose. We learn to quit being silly, judgmental high-schoolers and become college kids who are hopefully a little less judgmental. On the note of silliness, however, I am happy to report that that gets even worse! :)

Back to community, we are here to support each other. We meet roommates, those on our hall, in our building, and in similar classes. And through them, as well as our hobbies, interests, and characteristics, we find our niche. Our place in this puzzle. Our spot on the gigantic map that is trinity. And that's what freshmen year is all about: finding our place. And that's exactly what I'm going to do."

I'm so glad I happened upon this because it proves to me that I have indeed come a long way in these, what, two months? I have hilarious friends, classes are actually fun sometimes, and I'm finding groups and categories that I enjoy being a part of. I'm thankful that I chose Trinity because the aspect of community is so important. I'm overjoyed and thankful to call this place my  home.

No comments:

Post a Comment