Wednesday, October 16, 2013

My inescapable God

Ever have one of those days where your brain just won't shut up?

I can't focus on anything because there are multiple random thoughts zooming around in my head.

I tell myself to ignore those thoughts and get it together, but it doesn't work.

Why can't I focus?

Drink coffee. Doesn't help.

Go for a walk. Doesn't help.

Vent to your friend. Doesn't- oh wait. That did kind of help. I know that someone understands and is going through similar struggles.

I know that someone cares and wants to listen.

I know this about my friends here on earth, but also about my heavenly friend.

Laying out all my problems for God to see is one of the most helpful, painful, and yet encouraging things to do.

God knows us from the inside out anyway. He created us. He knew what we were going to do with out lives before our parents had even met each other.

We literally cannot escape God. At first, that seems like a scary thought. I can't get away. I can't hide. I can't be completely alone. But the fact that God is always there should really be an encouragement! God is there for us when no one human friend is. God sees our deepest hurts. He understands what we go through. And the best part is, He wants to comfort us and help us.

Today I am thankful for my inescapable God.

No comments:

Post a Comment