Thursday, June 13, 2013

Mi Familia Bonita

This evening was one of those fun/not fun times. Long story short, we all went to the dentist and then out to dinner.

Now, our whole family in one car is a very risky thing. A fight could break out at any second! I'm sure you think it's like that with your family too, but let me tell you, my family's just as bad. There was even fighting in Applebee's during dinner because us Zuidema kids always overreact.

That was the first problem. The second was the dentist. Sure, it feels great to get your teeth cleaned, but I hate those pokey stabby things they jab at your gums with. You want me to do that to you miss dentist lady? Didn't think so. I also don't enjoy hearing that I have a small cavity that needs to get filled. Why? I brush my teeth and floss and use mouthwash. This is annoying...

But that trip to Merrillville (I have no clue if I spelled that right!) wasn't all bad. As a family we went to dinner and had a chance just to chill together. I feel like I haven't seen my family in forever! What with all our crazy work schedules and meetings and such. I don't remember our last family dinner because it was probably cut short by a phone call or meeting or something that prevented us from having a calm bonding time.

Isn't summer supposed to be less busy than the school year? I only have a month or so to spend time with my family before college steals me from their presence!!! Great, now I'm scaring myself...

I always do that. I think too much, and I freak myself out. I don't want to leave my family! And yet I do....hmmmm.....interesting................

No comments:

Post a Comment