Tuesday, June 4, 2013

When she breathed her last...

Death is a deep concept. It boggles my mind how a breathing, living body can, in a fraction of a second, have no life at all. No blood flowing, no breath. Maybe it's one of those things God doesn't let us understand.

The reason I am writing about death is because yesterday, I was in the room when a woman passed. I was there when she took her last breath! I didn't know this woman, so I didn't cry but it felt strangely eery. She was alive one second ago, and now she's not? Her family was just here, crying because she wasn't doing well. And now, after they've left, she breathed her last, and hopefully her soul went to heaven.

Life is so fragile. I've been told this countless times, and now I've witnessed a lot of it at the nursing home I work at. However, it's not just the elderly who die. I'll admit, I can be a terrible driver at times. And there have been instinces where I could have lost my life because of a simple mistake.

That's a scary thought! I could die at ANY MOMENT. Wow. There's power in those words! But I'm so so glad that I have hope. A hope and a future that God has mapped out for me. Not just here on earth, but also an eternal future in heaven. Amen:)

No comments:

Post a Comment