Sunday, June 16, 2013

Fuzzball:)

If I had to describe my dad in one word, it would have to be the word honest. This is something he's stressed since my siblings and I were little (especially with me because I went through quite a lengthy lying (lieing?) phase).

If I have a question about anything, and I mean ANYTHING, my dad will give me some sort of answer. Sometimes I want a better answer than what he's giving, but hey, at least he answers me. Although those answers tend to come in the form of a sermon, but hey, he's a pastor so we kind of expect it.

I like people who cut to the chase and say what needs to be said. My dad is that type of person, and so am I. It's scary how much we're alike! One morning, I was sitting in our living room rocking chair eating cereal. Danielle came in, looked at me, and said: "You have no idea how much you look like Dad right now!" I shook it off, but when I think about it, it's totally true! I may look just like my mom, but in terms of personality, I act just like my dad.

You know the phrase "opposites attract?" Well, I think they should add to that phrase a part about people who are similar and that they butt heads all the time. Like "opposites attract, but similars butt heads". Okay, that didn't really cut the mustard, but you know what I mean!

Arguing with my dad is impossible. First off, we both know each other's weaknesses and how to throw them in each other's face. Second, we both love adding snide comments wherever possible. Third, we are both terribly, almost brutally honest. We need to learn how to think before we speak!

One pet peeve I have about my dad is that I get in trouble for things that HE DOES TOO!!! It drives me nuts...."Mikayla, don't interrupt people." And then he goes and interrupts someone! *Sigh* parents....

With all that said, I do love my dad. He's one of the best role models I have in my life, and I'm incredibly thankful for him! Happy Father's Day, Dad. Enjoy it and all the rest to come:)

No comments:

Post a Comment