Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Writer's Block

"Hi, my name is Mikayla. And I suffer from Writer's Block."
"Hi, Mikayla."
...........
"And how does this disease make you feel?"
"Umm..."
"It's okay, you can share. Here, we encourage openess with our feelings."
"Okay? Well, I feel pretty helpless right now. Umm, I just don't feel like I know how to handle all this pressure! And I guess that's why I'm here."
"Yes. Yes, we all know the feeling. Greg, how do you feel about your "problem"?"
"Umm, I uh, yeah. Well....I don't appreciate the fact that my enormous brain can't think of a stupid, random topic to write about!!! I HATE IT. I JUST PLAIN HATE IT!!!! WHY CAN'T I THINK??? WHY WON'T MY STUPIDLY HUGE BRAIN WORK!?!?!?
"Well done, Gregory. I'm pleased that you have learned to channel your anger into one beautifully organized vent."
"I have something to say."
"Yes, go ahead. Express your inner turmoil."
"Uh, yeah. Turmoil. Um, I was just thinking. Why not instead of venting about our lame "writer's block"--
"Oh no, Mikayla. We use the term "disease.""
"Whatever. Why not instead of venting, we help each other think of writing topics so we don't suffer any more from this..."disease.""
"Oh, what a wonderful idea! How about we all head outside, find a tree to climb, and then meditate and ponder the world around us. Then we will be able to think of writing ideas for each other!"

And that's how we solve writer's block.....Or we could just circle up and sing kumbaya!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment