Wednesday, May 8, 2013

7

I wrote this as a post on our composition class blog/ning site, but I decided I'd put it on this blog too:) Enjoy!

7 minutes. 7 minutes to write a ning.

Oh, the things you could do in 7 minutes. I think of Mr. Vandermolen saying, "you could do five questions on your spelling assignment!"

I think of guys in jr. high saying, "i can run a mile in 7 minutes!"

What can I do in 7 minutes? Give a friend some encouragement? Get halfway through a physics problem? Play a song on the piano, or saxophone even? Read a Psalm? Walk around my school three times because it's so small?

And what if we double it to 14 minutes? Then 28. And so on! What could we do then?

Why is time such a curious topic? We all seem to be running out of it everyday. "I wish that days were 30 hours, or 40, or 50!" But then we would still be running out of time.

Oops, 3 more minutes. Hmm, 3 minutes. What can I do in 3 minutes? Give a friend some encouragement? Get halfway through a physics problem? Play a song on the.................

2 comments: