Saturday, May 25, 2013

Wait...it's over???

Freshman year: Am I done yet?

Sophmore year: Can I go to college now?

Junior year: Seriously, this is taking forever!

Senior year: Come on. Is it over yet???

And now: Umm, yes. It is over.

Uh, okay! Woo hoo, I'm done with high school FOREVER!!!! I graduate this Friday, I have a summer job, I'm gonna go to open houses and have an awesome time! Yes, my friends. It is over.

Wow. I'm not sure if I like that. Change is a really scary thing! I've gone to Covenant for four years, seen the same people, zoned out during the same teacher's lectures, eaten lunch in the same cafeteria.

What do I do now?

I go to college, that's what I do.

I have to make new friends? Yes.
I have to take new classes? Yes.
I have to live in a dorm? Yes.
Am I ready for this? Yes!!!

High school is done, but I don't think it's hit me yet. I know I haven't seen my friends for the last time, or walked out of Covenant forever. But it's still a strange feeling. Next fall I will be living in Palos Heights, Illinios, attending Trinity Christian College, and studying nursing and spanish. That's a lot of change at once! But I know that I can handle it.

High school is over, yes. But now I get to move on to bigger and better things.

No comments:

Post a Comment