Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Beauty...a size?

Sometimes I turn the news on while I'm doing homework because background noise helps me focus.

A story came on, and people were pacing in front of an Abercrombie store. I was intrigued, so I looked up. Turns out people, mostly women, were protesting the fact that that store and others were making clothes in mostly small sizes.

Don't these stores know that people come in a lot of different shapes and sizes? Don't they know that beauty isn't just being "eye-catching" on the outside?

I think that store needed a little reminder of this. Go protesters! (as long as you don't get arrested or anything)

This particular story made me slighty angry because, let's face it, I'm part of the "bigger" population. Why do stores find the need to make it more difficult for common people to shop? The only reason I can think of for making only smaller sizes is to encourage the population to get in shape, but honestly, is that gonna happen any time soon? Oh, America, why are you so messed up....

I believe women should feel empowered to look and feel their best, whatever size they are. The goal of clothing stores is to sell clothes that appeal to the population. And, in fact, some of the population is slighty larger than your average mannequin (is that spelled right? idk).

Moral of the story: rebel against your favorite clothing store if they aren't making clothes that you
a) fit in to or b) that you like. Okay, not really:) But you see my point.

No comments:

Post a Comment