Friday, May 10, 2013

Spoiled

I have a brother that complains because he can't have facebook yet.

I have friends that play games on iphones or send pictures of their faces to their friends across the cafeteria.

I have a family that lives in a house with a refrigerator, air conditioning, heat, an oven, a computer, two TVs, and enough rooms to go around.

I go to a school that is setting me up for a descent future.

I have an actual church building to go to every Sunday.

I have everything I could possibly need!

And yet...

I complain when the power goes out.

I'm jealous of my friends' cool phones.

I complain about homework.

Sometimes I don't like going to church.

On some days, I'm crabby because I don't get exactly what I want.

People in our nation are super spoiled. And even more so now than even a decade or so ago. Now before you start yelling at me about poverty and stuff, just hear me out! Just think of all the random stuff we have in our houses that we don't even use. It's ridiculous! I know I don't have room to judge others, I'm guilty of this too, but I think is a problem we need to learn to overcome. However, I doubt that this change will ever happen, which is really sad to think about...

Just a thought I wanted to share. There are so many problems we can see in our nation and right now, and it's sad that whatever we do may not messure up to anything. Wow. Depressing...

2 comments:

  1. I think it's all due to the breakdown of traditional families. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *traditional family VALUES. come on april, you don't even remember the best joke from history class??? ;)

    ReplyDelete