Friday, May 31, 2013

As we get older....

Okay, I wrote this a few days ago, so just go back in time when you read it! :)


As we get older we....

1. Appreciate our siblings more. Now my family usually understands when I'm joking and vice versa. I'm glad that we can now hold a civil conversation without it ending in an arguement. Except our conversations end up about sex usually. And I have no idea why!

2. Somehow get smarter...usually:) Sure, I've learned a lot in school, but I've also learned about life in general. Not to mention how to take care of the ol' folks in the nursing home! Even Caleb has gained a little common sense. Shocker;)

3. Move on. I graduate in three days. I'll be taking my nurse's aid test in two days. Talk about stress! This fall I'm going to college. All this change is really crashing down right now! "Movin' on up. Movin' on up...to the east siiide!" Okay, maybe you don't know that song, but whatevs.

4. Are thankful for the people that we used to not appreciate. Good example: teachers. At first, we don't like them because they give us a crap ton of homework and seem really annoying. But now, I'm thankful for all the work they do for us. Being a teacher is one of the jobs that seem rather unenjoyable to me. I'm glad there are people in the world willing to put up with hormonal teenagers crammed into a small school building.

5. We get more mature, well, for the most part. Everyone enjoys a good laugh, but I've even seen my brothers get more mature. And that's saying a lot! I love those guys:) I still lose it sometimes, but I think I've learned how to handle certain situations more easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment